#21 MikeFaul

MikeFaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationHerndon, Virginia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

My hepa air filter added to two other filters cut down my air flow-The hepa is sandwiched between the two-the first gets most of the dust and is cheap to replace. The hepa is next the 3rd is a cloth pleated bag built into unit-pricey to change out .

I don't have the HEPA between the other two, I was going to install it in a slot on the diversion elbow outside the building, about 21/2 feet behind the primary. I upgraded the primary to paint bags (double walled as you did) from the standard yellow fiberglass filters.

#22 MikeFaul

MikeFaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm running glaze tests today. The new filters are installed, and I'm erecting a screen made up of roofing / tar paper. The screen will run approximately 18" on either side of the 12" louvered duct opening, and will extend about 12" above and below the same. I figure the black paper with the asphalt coating will be both water resistant and tacky such that any residual overspray will immediately accumulate and not bounce off of the screen to form a cloud (visible or not). I'll let y'all know if I catch anything! Time to go fishing!

#23 MikeFaul

MikeFaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

I ran initial testing of the booth, and zero overspray was caught by the screen / barrier on the exterior of the building. Running a full production run this morning with the new filters and barrier in place.

#24 MikeFaul

MikeFaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

We completed a full glaze run on Saturday, there was still zero overspray caught by the barrier I erected last week. I plan to leave it in place and see the amount of time the filter is in place has any affect on discharge.

We will also place a diversion bend and secondary filtration into the exhaust this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users