• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roca rule

roca rule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Does any body know where I can get a hold of a splash pan for a creative industries hp model. Just in case I cannot get a hold of one; does anybody have any tips on how to get or modify a splash pan that could work for it? Does anybody know of the wheel can be changed from plastic to steel?

#2 TJR

TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Can you send a picture? Does the wheel head come off? See if there is a small allen scew underneath, or it may be friction fit.

I made a splash pan for my Brent CXC out of wood.

TJR.

#3 oldlady

oldlady

single firing an electric kiln to cone 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Locationharpers ferry west va and pinellas park fl

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

ceramics arts daily showed a splash pan made from a plastic trash can in a contest last (?) year.  look it up and see if it would work for you.  our favorite tinkerer, doc weathers, did one too, i think.

"putting you down does not raise me up."

#4 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

There was also a thread a few months ago of making a splash pan using a plastic wash tub cut into two sections and sliding back together with overlapped seams.  Those old CI splash pans were pretty flimsy, and would wear out in a few years-especially with student abuse. I had an MP and an HP in my HS classroom. They ran well, but the splash pans . . . . .

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#5 Biglou13

Biglou13

Advanced beginner pottery, Advanced in other art

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationNorth Florida

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Offcenter has a few
Caution big brother is watching.
The beige is blinding!!!!!!
The middle of the road is boring

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
-Albert Einstein

#6 S. Dean

S. Dean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC USA

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

I asked this question a few months ago - here's a link to that post.  http://ceramicartsda...eel/#entry37342   In sum, Speedball does not sell a replacement pan (they said that CI had stopped selling replacement pans for these wheels before Speedball purchased CI).  Someone indicated that a Pacifica splash pan would work, however I have not been able to test that.  I can confirm that the Brent splash pan doesn't fit.  There was also a suggestion to forego the splash pan and use a sponge to catch water as it comes off the wheel head.

If you find something that does work, please let us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users