Silver glaze/ ceramic glaze sealer

I received an order for a special wedding present. A ceramic champagne holder (vase) and champagne glasses, colors are red, white and silver. I was able to achieve a very nice white and red, but am having a really hard time with silver! I fired my piece at cone 9, so there wasn't any options of a silver high fire glaze. I used a silver sharpie pen to create a thin line, which looks really nice, but comes off very easily with water. The small silver accent line is on the outside of the pieces and doesn't necessarily have to be food safe, just permanent!

Anyone know of a permanent clear sealer I can apply on top of glaze??

Or a permanent silver paint that will stick on glaze????

you might want to try pebeo porcelaine 150 those are enamels that fire in your house oven at 325F for 40 minutes and they are as permanent as glaze. they are really strong and actually dishwasher safe once they have been fired. they have all kinds of metallic colors.

you might want to try pebeo porcelaine 150 those are enamels that fire in your house oven at 325F for 40 minutes and they are as permanent as glaze. they are really strong and actually dishwasher safe once they have been fired. they have all kinds of metallic colors.

wow, just looked into this and purchased a few colors on amazon. i'm trying both the pebeo porcelaine 150 pens and paint. seems to have great reviews and as long as it works, this is exactly what i'm looking for! really appreciate your advice!

Archived