Old kiln elements and relay switches

I have an old SnoIndustires kiln model P22 with a spacer blank in the middle. Yesterday the top elements stopped firing, and my husband tells me that the electricity is going into top switch on the kiln, but not out. Does anyone have an idea where I can purchase a box for the top connection for this model? The other option is a new kiln, and I would love to have a digital model at a reasonable price. Any suggestions for home use kiln that gets fired 10-15 times a year? Thank you for your help.

Do you mean an interbox plug, where the two sections plug into each other, or a power switch (low/med/high) in the top ring, or a relay?

Thank you for answering. I was told Sears sold these kilns long ago. The part number is labeled Robert Shaw Controls Co. INF-240-31B, 15A-240 volt. My husband said it was on the top power switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you mean an interbox plug, where the two sections plug into each other, or a power switch (low/med/high) in the top ring, or a relay?

Thank you for answering. I was told Sears sold these kilns long ago. The part number is labeled Robert Shaw Controls Co. INF-240-31B, 15A-240 volt. My husband said it was on the top power switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.patriot-supply.com/products/showitem.cfm/6965

Yep, you can still find pretty much anything Robert Shaw ever made, especially infinite switches. Sometimes the part numbers have been changed, but the replacement numbers are usually listed.

In your experience, is it better to replace all electrical parts on older kilns when you do a repair?

I always keep my old kiln repaired but if you wanting to go gas this might be a good time to switch. I have seen some for sale on potterbarter lately, you might sign up and see if any used gas kilns come up for sale in your area. Denice

Archived