#1 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

The extraordinary clay bender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have seen in the bonehead thread several of you mention casting etc. What is the best way to go about making a mold. I have seen youtube videos of people using slip molds but nothing specific about the construction of one.

I have a wooden pineapple finial that I would LOVE to multiply for use around my house. :)

~ Namaste ~

Home studio potter 

Shanel Pottery 

www.shanelpottery.com

www.facebook.com/shanelspottery 

"To me the greatest thing is to live beauty in our daily life and to crowd every moment with things of beauty.  It is then, and then only that  the art of the people as a whole is endowed with it's richest significance.  For it's products are those made by great a many craftsmen for the mass of the people, and the moment this art declines the life of the nation  is removed far away from beauty.  So long as beauty abides in only in a few articles created by a few geniuses, the kingdom of beauty is nowhere near realization."                                                                                 - Bernard Leach 

#2 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Molds are easy IF there are no undercuts.
For example a ball has no undercuts thats an easy two piece mold
Mark
Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#3 bciskepottery

bciskepottery

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,016 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Check out John Britt on Youtube . . . he has several videos on making molds, generally of the more simple variety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users