What are the THREE most recent CERAMICS related books that you have purchased? | Q.O.W. 2/26/2013

Guest JBaymore

Guest JBaymore

Education in any field is important.... and education comes in many forms. One of them is the reading material we choose to pursue (or get assigned to read by pesky professors cool.gif).

What are the THREE most recent CERAMICS related books that you have purchased?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

Guest scott312

A few days ago.

The Potter's Complete Book of Clay and Glazes by James Chappell

the 1977 copy. It was 18.50 ebay. smile.gif

Just got one on my Kindle last week :) but I cant remember the title.

Rosette Gault's new book on Paperclay. (I have a piece included in it) Delivered yesterday!

Carlos Zauli, a ceramic sculptor from Faenza and a contemporary of Peter Voulkos.

American Art Pottery

Marcia

I have the 2nd ed. of Gault's "Paperclay". Is there something newer than that by her?

Jim

Rosette Gault's new book on Paperclay. (I have a piece included in it) Delivered yesterday!

Carlos Zauli, a ceramic sculptor from Faenza and a contemporary of Peter Voulkos.

American Art Pottery

Marcia

I have the 2nd ed. of Gault's "Paperclay". Is there something newer than that by her?

Jim

Yes.

Paperclay; Art and practice. It is just being released.

Marcia

Education in any field is important.... and education comes in many forms. One of them is the reading material we choose to pursue (or get assigned to read by pesky professors cool.gif).

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

The Pot Book, Edmund De Waal, developing glazes, Greg Daly, and The Workshop Guide to Ceramics, Hooson and Quinn.

The Pot Book, Edmund De Waal, developing glazes, Greg Daly, and The Workshop Guide to Ceramics, Hooson and Quinn.

I just got a chance to go through The Workshop Guide to Ceramics, Hooson and Quinn.If you haven't looked at it, it would be worth your while to do so. There is a depth there that I haven't seen of late when looking at a "general" book.

Pres;

I bought "The Complete Guide to High Fire Glazes ", by John Britt. Published by Lark Ceramics.

I also bought a show catalogue; Robert Archambeau: Artist, Teacher, Collector. Published by the Winnipeg Art Gallery. Some great wood fired pots in there.He was my prof. Now Professor Emeritus.

TJR.

It's only two. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Postmodern Ceramics by Garth Clark and Mark Del Vecchio

Ceramics millennium by Garth Clark

Color and Fire, defining moments in studio ceramics 1950-2000 Jo Lauria

Archived