Brent Wheel blows the breaker

My 42-year-old Brent blew the breaker today.

My original wheel bought from Robert Brent himself back in1970

Back when he 1st started making wheels in a small rented house in LA area. Each room had a purpose-one was motors piled to ceiling another was assembly-the garage was a wielding shop. Brent was a small wiry red haired guy with tons of energy. A lot of wheels under the bridge since then. I was in high school and needed a wheel-this was originally a model C before the rebuild.Now there is nothing standard with this wheel-parts are from all different times.Its a CXC in motor with an assortment of other parts to make the whole.

Tripped my circuit breaker this am. After a tear down (swapout a circuit board) and talk with Luke at amaco technical. I ordered a rectifier-This may or may not do it. This wheel has had every part replaced except the deckand legs. I miss the days when there people in repair depts who were alive when this stuff was made and knew about the stuff in detail.

I have a soft spot for this wheel. I have a spare wheel as we have 4 now total (2cxc-c-B) after I sold one last fall to a friend. So I will not go without throwing. I have done enough repairs to have most things figured with Brent’s but this was a new one for me. We shall see if this part does the trick

Mark

Not sure why I have a smiley face with shades during my edit??but I'm ok with it

Guest JBaymore

The ONLY thing I have replaced on my Brent CXC (similar vintage) is the RECTIFIER in the power supply. Everything else is still going strong. (Probably should not have said that wink.gif .)

best,

.......................john

Hey, you guys;

Is this a peeing contest? I bought my CXC used from a big blue pottery supply place in Seatle, Washington in 1975. Is that 37 years? I have not replaced anything. I am knocking on wood as we speak!

TJR.

TRJ

I hope not as my bladder is the size of a peanut.

Was that a brick building back then-Seattle pottery supply in its original location?

Mark

Mark;

I came across a picture of it once in the back of an old Ceramics Monthly magazine. I seem to remember that the building was wooden clapboards? It was a very bright blue-painted all over. I think it was tall and thin like Olive Oyl's house. The people were great. Very helpful. Aren't you in that neck of the woods? Do you know if they are still around?

TJR.

Seattle is a 13 hour drive north for me-LA is a 12 hour drive south-I'm beyond ant neck-more outback.

I think that was the original Seattle Pottery supply store-I stopped by back in 77 when my friends where doing their MFAs at Washington U.Back in Patty Warisima days-man could she party.

Mark

Seattle is a 13 hour drive north for me-LA is a 12 hour drive south-I'm beyond ant neck-more outback.

I think that was the original Seattle Pottery supply store-I stopped by back in 77 when my friends where doing their MFAs at Washington U.Back in Patty Warisima days-man could she party.

Mark

Lived in Tacoma before you folks were probably born, and before I ever even played with clay-53-58. But my 25 year old CXC still hasn't had anything replaced.

Archived