Potterycrafts or Nabertherm?

Hello,

I am currently using potterycrafts 40lt aurora kiln and i would like to upgrade but I found there are no reviews for the respective kilns. Comparing both brands for the 60lt, could anyone provide a brief review on which one is better?

Thank you.

I've never used a Potterycrafts, but have worked on a Nebertherm. The Nabertherm is everything you would expect from German engineering- state of the art, sleek design, etc. However they are difficult to work on. The control system is buried inside the hinge system, so if you need to access it you have to move the kiln out from the wall, and it's a very complicated, tightly packed wiring system. With solid state components, however, you shouldn't need to get in there very often. The other issue is that they are not built in easy-to-move sections, so installing /setting it up may be difficult depending on the size of kiln, and if/when you need to replace a broken brick it won't be easy, especially if the brick is near the bottom. It will perform great, it's just not really built for easy repairs.

Thank you all, it helped me and the model i am choosing will be probably Nabertherm. The aurora elements shows error 1 after 2 years of usage which is a short life span. Therefore I am switching over to Nabertherm for that intent... Hopefully I will be able to master to controls for the Nabertherm

2 hours ago, Fusionous said:

Thank you all, it helped me and the model i am choosing will be probably Nabertherm. The aurora elements shows error 1 after 2 years of usage which is a short life span. Therefore I am switching over to Nabertherm for that intent... Hopefully I will be able to master to controls for the Nabertherm

You can't count your element life in years. It's all about number of firings, and firing temps. I go through a set of elements in my smaller kiln every year, but I fire it a lot. My big kiln goes through a set every 2 years, but I don't fire it as often.

20 hours ago, neilestrick said:

You can't count your element life in years. It's all about number of firings, and firing temps. I go through a set of elements in my smaller kiln every year, but I fire it a lot. My big kiln goes through a set every 2 years, but I don't fire it as often.

My little kiln had new elements in 2008, and still fires OK.  As Neil said, it's number of firings, not age.

Archived