BBC House of Arts and Crafts - Search for an authentic kick wheel

Hello!

My name is Rebekah and I'm currently working on a wonderful project that cover's the 'Arts and Crafts Movement' from the late 19th - early 20th century for BBC.  At present we're looking to source an authentic Victorian kick wheel from this time period or ideally an original kick wheel to feature in our Arts doc.

I am an artist myself however I thought it wiser to approach my fellow creatives in the ceramic community with this hoping that somebody out there is able to advise on the best way to approach the search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my contact details are as follows:

Production company : Lion TV 

E: rebekah.finnigan@liontv.co.uk

T: 0141 331 4996

Best,

Rebekah

Interesting question!

Quick search indicates

"...the potter's wheel was probably invented in Mesopotamia by the 4th millennium BCE, but spread across nearly all Eurasia and much of Africa, though it remained unknown in the New World until the arrival of Europeans." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_art

Please share your findings here?

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the comments and leads - I've managed to track down an all wooden kick wheel which is not of the time but is a suitable look-a-like (pre 1950's).  

My Series Editor is happy enough with this as it's not be entirely possible to source everything we need from this very specific time period.

Grateful to you for your assistance!

Rx

Archived