Quick fire to dry kiln wash

LeeU

For a Vary-Fire program that will dry kiln-washed shelves quickly, can I set the shelves on end, upright, held up by posts like bookends, rather than setting them flat in three levels of 2s, using posts? These are shelves that were washed, used until needing cleaning, cleaned, and resurfaced. Thanks in advance! 

In a hurry---but not ready to fill the kiln---& it's getting harder to lift and place them,  and I hurt my forearm the other day---pretty sore + arthritus in thge hands--arrgghh  (saving up for lighter shelves!) Thanks.

(Neil) I ended up doing it the regular way after all--it was much more workable to set them flat as usual. There is no easier, softer way, as I really "should" know by now !!  :rolleyes: 

(Babs) The Vary-Fire program (I got it from CAN Daily) is:

In the Vary-Fire section:
Press Enter Prog, Press '1'
Press Enter, Press '1'
Press Enter, Press '60'
Press Enter, Press '200'
Press Enter, Press '600' (for 6 hours, 400 for 4 hours, 800
for 8 hours etc of hold time at 200 degrees)
Press Enter, Press 9999
Press Enter, Press START

Note that "Stop" will appear throughout entering the commands, but doesn't change the program-it is firing just fine. 

Well, I can forget being in a hurry. I don't know why the article was titled "Program to Quickly Dry Kiln Wash". "Quick it is NOT!!!! I know I programmed correctly, (selected the 4 hour hold time) and my L&L is an excellent performer-dead on for all the time I've had it. I started at 9PM yesterday so I am not understanding why this run is STILL cooling down.  It was CPLT after 9.3 hours ( 800 degrees).  It's going on 11 tonight and it just got to 200. Yikes! Neither math nor science is my thing....so am I missing something obvious here? 

22 hours ago, LeeU said:

Well, I can forget being in a hurry. I don't know why the article was titled "Program to Quickly Dry Kiln Wash". "Quick it is NOT!!!! I know I programmed correctly, (selected the 4 hour hold time) and my L&L is an excellent performer-dead on for all the time I've had it. I started at 9PM yesterday so I am not understanding why this run is STILL cooling down.  It was CPLT after 9.3 hours ( 800 degrees).  It's going on 11 tonight and it just got to 200. Yikes! Neither math nor science is my thing....so am I missing something obvious here? 

Sounds like the peak temp was set too high. It should have held at 200F. Check the program.

Archived