wheel wont engage break to stop.

If the Brent won't stop when the pedal is pushed down, then you probably need to adjust the pedal. Flip the pedal over, open the bottom cover by removing the little screws. Inside there's a red dial and a blue dial. The red is high end, the blue is low end. Adjust the low end until the wheel stops when the pedal is in the off position.

The Shimpo may spin freely when the motor isn't engaged. Some Shimpos do that, due to the type of motor they use. I'm not sure of the M-1 specifically.

st-50 is a model number for a Bailey wheel, not a Brent. I don’t know the answer to @Cracked up pottery‘s question, only that I once had issues with the pedal (bolts just needed tightening), and that @Marcia Selsor also had issues with her Bailey pedal. I don't remember if her issues are similar to OP’s, maybe she can chime in?

6 hours ago, Cracked up pottery said:

thanks yeah it is a bailey and it's not the bolt or peddle. I think it's the motor or something that engages to slows the wheel down.  it's like the wheel goes in to neutral after you push the peddle down. 

call Bailey -they can help

Archived