Underglaze wash on top of bisqued underglaze?

I've got a bisqued mug with a lot of various underglazes layered over textures on the outside, it's nice. I'm unhappy with the solid underglaze blue on the handle and inside - it wants 'ageing'. Will bisqued underglaze take a watered down underglaze wash OK?   

And for future reference, what about painting undiluted coats of underglaze on bisqued underglaze?

I've only used UGs on greenware. 

I'll be glazing with the usual clear.

Thanks!

I think some underglazes are designed to work as well on bisque as on greenware and some not.

The underglazes I use work equally well on greenware and bisque. 

I prefer to underglaze on greenware, because if I underglaze and then glaze in the same stage, on bisque, the clear glaze can smear the underglaze.

17 hours ago, laughlin said:

I've got a bisqued mug with a lot of various underglazes layered over textures on the outside, it's nice. I'm unhappy with the solid underglaze blue on the handle and inside - it wants 'ageing'. 

Another approach to aging the handle is to take a walk outside with some sand paper and an x-acto knife and scratch and sand away some of the under glaze.  Use fine sand paper at the end to get rid of any jagged spots. You can still add a wash to this afterwards if it needs it.

Archived