Brent wheel pedal repair

Dick White

This question is for those who are deeply steeped in the technical details of the Brent wheel control circuitry. We have a community studio with 18 Brents of various types and vintage, and I have the joy of keeping them running, albeit with not much of a budget. Over the past 10 years I have repaired/replaced one of just about every type of part in them ( though not in all of them - they generally have been very durable) either through some clever frankenstein scavenging or the equally clever political maneuvers through unknown parts of the county bureaucracy by my predecessor who left me a sizable stock of a few things that I have been working my way through over the decade. Several years ago I used my last pedal sliding potentiometer thingy and now have another inoperative wheel because its pedal failed. Stumbling around on the Brent website looking to purchase the part, I see they have one with short pigtails and modular connectors for $73US and another with the full cord for $110.  Ours all have the full cord, but before I choke on the extra $40 for 2 feet of wire, does anybody know if the electronics and functionality of these parts are the same? I'm perfectly happy to put connectors on the ends of the old wires if it would save $40.

TIA

dw

Dick forget about the long wires and just use the cheaper short one. The cord is the only difference -they all work the same. You may have to solder or put some quick disconnects on your cord but thats a cheap fix.The pedal sliding potentiometers the same either way you buy it. The cord model is for those who do not do repairs well and you are not that person.

I will try to recall you if I have circuit board question  on any of my 5 Brest controllers in the future.I to have many spare parts including a whole model B motor controller and pedal all wired together-just missing a deck and wheel head .

Archived