Is This Normal Relay Functioning?

Brrwobig

I have a Skutt KM822 I have been firing since I bought it new in March 2013. I fire to cone 6 in it.  Lately I have noticed a change in when the relays "click."      Let me preface by saying the firing I did last week I got error code 1. Kiln stalled out at  2177. I fire to 2210 with a 10 min hold. It was a very hot day when I did this firing, was mid afternoon when the error code 1 came on.  I have multiple fans going to move air around in my kiln shed.

I did diagnostic test and for amp, voltage. All OK. I also did a test fire of the kiln to 1100 with a 30 min hold and checked every peephole to see if elements all on. They were and I heard relays clicking the entire firing.

OK..here is the issue. I just completed another cone 6 firing.  I do ramp/hold program. Modified from one I saw online here in this forum.  

All are degrees Fahrenheit

150 to 250 degrees   no hold

400 to 1900               no hold

130 to 2210              Hold 10-13 min.

This firing  I heard the relays clicking at the beginning. When I checked at 1700 degress no clicking but the temp rising.  Checked again at 1923 and I hear clicking relays.  Checked again at 2127 no relays sounds but the temp rising. I didn't hear the relays click again until I was in the hold at the end. The temp during the hold rose to 2217 and then the relays began clicking and the temp dropped to 2210.

I have fired a manual Skutt for decades, so digital is foreign to me still.   I will probably call Skutt this week, but curious if this sounds normal or not to those of you who have more digital firing experience than I do.

Appreciate any insight!

Archived