What Colors Are Selling This Year?

jrgpots

I am gearing up to sell my flutes. My color pallette preferences might be very different than other people's. So, I was wondering if some colors sell better than others. I remember someone said browns don't sell as quickly. What has been your experience? What colors are hot and what colors are not?

Jed

Are there traditional colours Native American flutes are done with or specific coloured woods? Is it verboten to use other colours? Just from a personal preference I liked your earth tone ones that you posted a while back. There is ugly bean pot brown and then there is brown, your tones I thought were really nice. When we lived on Haida Gwaii all the drawings, blankets etc were done with red and black, usually with a white or cream ground, it would have been odd to see Haida art done with other colours. I wouldn't go with what is trendy, I would go with what you think suits them.  (if you really get stuck, make some with a bit of blue, blue sells)

I've only seen it online, I believe there are several vendors.  

Last year someone gave me a dinosaur mug with a temperature-based color-changing decal on it (when you pour hot liquid inside, the dinosaur skin goes transparent and the skeleton is left; as it cools the skin goes back to opaque).  Of course I jumped online to see if I could figure out how to make my own decals that do this...that's when I discovered someone's invented a photoluminescent powder for using in glazes = glow in the dark ceramics!  Google is your friend :)

Archived