Hi Everyone Hope You Can Help Me

kulk21

Hi,this is my first post here.

I am trying to make wedding rings with gold as base and added ceramic in midle or on sides and whole ceramic rings.

But i cant find right material i tried with fimoo and other polymer clays but thats just bad it isnt hard enough and finsh is more mat than shiny. I tried searching google but all i get is either sites that sell the or polymer clay guide.

I was hoping someone here can help me or point me in right directon. Thank you all and sorry for taking your time.

But i saw tons of wedding rings on ceramic on net not sure are they using fimo or way u guys said. I tried with fimo and i can fill ring with it and bake it. But problem is its not hard enough. U cant destroy it pr anything but it leaves marks when hit i dont want that. Ya i know that cermic baking is higer point than gold melting point.

hi

Looking briefly, says ceramic wedding rings from titanium carbide, tungsten, using high tech stuff...

So it's the high end of ceramic technology

titanium

"Most ceramic rings and jewellery are made from titanium carbide, which is sometimes also referred to as high tech ceramic or jewellery ceramic, and is a material composed of the metal titanium and a similar number of carbon atoms."
Good ole google.

Archived