Kiln Firing

This may sound kinda stupid but can anything actually catch fire in a kiln? I've tried to simply google it but of course the only things that will come up are about firing a kiln not fire IN a kiln. I ask because i'm making something at my house to be fired and used a spray bottle that had hairspray in it before. I did wash it out but not thoroughly, so the bottle itself still smelled a little like hair product. So could having hairspray (which is flammable) in a kiln cause it to catch fire in anyway? I want to be sure and not take any risks

Nope, not a stupid question but yes anything flammable can and will catch fire in the kiln. Not a problem though, the kiln will contain the flames. I wouldn’t have any worries about using your old hairspray bottle. Good practice to keep all flammables away from around the kiln area though. 

Hi and welcome to the forums. (many of us here are secret pyromaniacs  ;) )

SO are you making a pot withteh old hairspray bottle inside it? And want to know if you can fire it safely?

Any plastic will give off toxic fumes and pollute the atmosphere so I wouldn't fire it. That is your question?

Archived