Kiln Not Reaching Temperature

I have an electric Skutt Kilnmaster computerized kiln. A few weeks ago my kiln completely stopped increasing in temperature. I called a knowledgable kiln technician, she came, she replaced both relays, test fired, and everything seemed good. She also tested the volts and 220 line, all was good.

Last night I bisque fired my clay to 04 and when I checked it out today the reached temperature said 1225 degrees and "completed" but the pieces are underfired, and 1225 is not the correct 04 temperature. Also my 04 internal cone didn't melt. Now I'm frustrated because I need my kiln working and it seems as though it's not reaching the proper cone temperature.

Does anyone have any clue what could be going on with my kiln or suggestions for me to recify this issue?

~Dianna

Did your cone move at all? Did you have any other cones in there, too? If so, did they move? It's always a good idea to have lower and higher cones as well.

Did you program the kiln for a cone 04 firing before starting it, or did you just press start, assuming the previous 04 program would go? When you hit 'Review', what does it say? It will tell you what program it did.

Hi Neil, so I had an 04 and 05 cone in there, the 04 barely melted and 05 a tad bit more. I did program the kiln to 04 directly before firing it as opposed to just running the same firing as last time. I didn't hit review but maybe I can still do that?

I have the kiln repair coming again on Thursday, I hope this can get figured out as I have been totally stagnant in production for weeks and it's super frustrating. Thank you for your help!

~Dianna

Archived