Pottery Holiday Gifts Wish List

I saw the email today and had to post a high recommend for this book.

It's a solid reference work for any potter's book shelf.

Any time I have a pottery question ... materials, methods, techniques ... this is where I go first.

Clay: A Studio Handbook By Vince Pitelka

On sale now in paper or download at the Ceramics Art Bookstore.

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/bookstore/clay-a-studio-handbook/

I invite you all to post your recommendations / ideas for a Pottery Holiday Gifts Wish List.

:D:P:rolleyes:

I'm sure Vince had "textbook" in mind when he wrote it, and this book is "Ceramics 101" and beyond.

I went out of my way to find a copy at a reasonable price when it was out of print because it was so highly recommended, and I'm glad I did. And I'm pleased it's back in print. Like Chris, this is my first go-to book for troubleshooting and things I don't know, and the first book I recommend to anyone looking for a "first book".

Vince's writing is clear and easy to read. It's not a "pretty" book, but the photos are clear and support the text well. This is a book for non-technical people as well as technical. There's good science backing it up, but it's very hands-on and practical.

Pair this with Hamer & Hamer's The Potter's Dictionary of Materials and Techniques, and you've got a double-barreled shotgun of pottery knowledge on your shelf.

Archived