Maiolica/ Majolica Glaze

art81usa

I believe I measured everything correct and the kiln should of fired to the correct temperature. The pots on the other side of the small kiln fired correct, but the cone did not bend that much that was near the pot that did not fire correctly.  The glaze is suppose to turn out shiny, but was dull and white.  Does anyone know what I may have done wrong or what could of gone wrong with the firing.  It is a digital kiln that is electric if this helps.  The other pots were from a previous batch of the glaze that I mixed too.

Thanks for suggestions.

Could you tell us a bit more about the kiln? Size, temperature you were firing to, how long the firing took? Also, could you post a picture or picture of the pots that fired correctly and the ones that did not? That would be helpful in providing you a response. Were the pots on the same shelf or different shelves? If different, which ones were on/near the top, and which ones were on/near bottom?

I will post the pictures tomorrow.  It was fired to cone 03. I didn't fire the kiln someone else did this, so I will have to ask them. I know the pots were all on the same shelf. I know the kiln was programmed on a slow firing.  I do think the other pots ran more than they should of in my opinion, but the glaze may have been too thick on the others. Will find out the exact size of the kiln too. I just know it is a smaller kiln. I am newer at mixing glazes, learning how to run the kiln that is like this too.

Archived