Fired-On Images

richardsan

i didn't get the addendum of instructions and "acceptable" HP printers with the sheets of decal materials.

does anyone use this process? what printer and firing instructions have you relied on?

anything else one should know before jumping in?

tia,

richard

i didn't get the addendum of instructions and "acceptable" HP printers with the sheets of decal materials.

does anyone use this process? what printer and firing instructions have you relied on?

anything else one should know before jumping in?

tia,

richard

Hi Richard

To date the B&W (that is a MONO printer) HP laser printers (not colour) all seem to work. To check if your printer will work get the cartridge toner number of the printer, google "cartridge Number" HP MSDS. This will bring up the details of your toner. It must have at least 40-50% of some form of iron oxide (the terms ferrite or ferrous is sometimes used) for it to work. By law all printer manufacturers are supposed to have their MSDS (material safety data sheets) available to the public. For more detailed info go to decals on http://overglaze.info/?page_id=180

Cheers

Johanna

Hey, I tried this a few years ago and got really good results, but then I tried to repeat using the same process, and the images burned away. I'm thinking that it may make a difference as to which glaze you have used, as some seem to eat the image.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I tried this a few years ago and got really good results, but then I tried to repeat using the same process, and the images burned away. I'm thinking that it may make a difference as to which glaze you have used, as some seem to eat the image.

might have been a glitch in firing temp that caused the problem. if the firing goes above cone 04, the images burn off.

Archived