No Crack Kiln Wash Cracking :-/

Hi all, so I tried out the no crack kiln wash that I saw recommended here on some new kiln shelves and after one bisque and one glaze firing it is cracking lol. The recipe was 50% aluminum hydrate, 25% glomax, and 25% epk. What am I doing wrong, am I putting it on too thick or something? Shelves look like this now:

kilnwash.jpg.dbca2853a8027a75ecb66d62bedb8397.jpg

Don’t feel bad, hopefully there is a solution here. I have tried many recipes, some better than others but eventually went with Lees kiln wash ( very $$$$ at the time) which would stay stuck but IMO, not as refractory as the typical home brew recipes. Bonded nitride for me now or just put up with the cracking in friends kilns. Your shelf looks like every guaranteed not to recipe I tried. Hope you find a solution.

It looks like it is to thick,  I use a very think coats of Marks shelf coating recipe.   I have had some shelves do that in the past,   I would scrape off of all the loose pieces and brush some kiln wash over the  scraped areas.  Clean the shelf better when I have a bigger mess to tackle.    Denice