How to carve evenly big surfaces? What instruments to use?

Hello. So the thing is: I want to carve circles and other shapes, like you can see on the picture (not only their borders, but insides of them). Like 1mm deep down. What instruments should I use to do it evenly? So their bottom will be flat. I have a lot of carving instruments and I am very new at this. I mean - you can cut evenly a line in one move with like a diamond core carving tools, but what instruments should you use if you want to carve wider areas like this? Thank you in advance.

photo_2024-07-17_02-57-44.jpg

Edited by pojkoo

One way to do it would be to water etch the clay away from the circles etc. With water etching you cover the area you want to stay the same with a resist then use a slightly damp sponge to wipe away the clay that isn't covered with the resist. Resist can be shellac or a product like Mod Podge.

An example of how to use this technique below.

https://ceramicartsnetwork.org/daily/article/Mod-Podge-Resist-A-Nontoxic-Alternative-to-Shellac-Resist-for-Ceramic-Water-Etching

Edited by Min