Speedball lost speed control

I have a new artista speeball pottery wheel that I have only used two times. The first time everything worked perfectly but I wanted a foot pedal and ordered one from speedball. At first it worked great, but suddenly the wheel went to high speed and there was no control using the foot pedal. I turned  off the power and unplugged the foot pedal. After reconnecting the power I have no control of the speed with the hand control or foot pedal. I tried disconnecting the power for a few minutes then reconnecting, but still had no control. The wheel just rotated at high speed whether I used the hand control or the foot pedal.

Time to call speedball, both controls operate the wheel the very same way so there is a good chance you have a now defective motor speed controller. When the pedal is plugged in the unit is supposed to disconnect one for the other. Hard to mess this up other than it not being plugged in and fully seated. My recollection 1/4” stereo trs (guitar) cable. I’ve used this wheel for probably 10 years as a traveling wheel, no issues ever but currently in storage. Your manual:-  web search: speedball artistsa manual https://www.speedballart.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Artista-Final-Updated-November-2017.pdf

IMG_4673.jpeg

Edited by Bill Kielb