Old amaco kick wheel, wheel head

I just acquired an old amaco kickwheel (Model 3C).  The one with the plastic seat.  It came with what looks like a cup head, except it has 2 bolts coming up through the bottom.  I'm wondering, is this actually a cup head?  and If so, any suggestions on making plaster bats for it?  And also, any suggestions on finding or making a standard head that will work on the ½" tip of the shaft?

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Edited by Gary A
add photos

OK, further research and email with Amaco suggests this was a standard recessed head.  The bore is ⅝" not ½".  They no longer make nor stock heads (nor any parts) that fit this wheel.  So, while I proceed to keep my eye open for some totally dead ancient wheels with this bore size, I'll also look into perhaps a bushing in an old banding wheel head and re-boring that.  

And, while I'm considering those options, I'll proceed with making plaster bats for this one so I can start using this beauty.  I'm amazed how smooth the bearings are after all this time.  It was a well loved machine and I hope to continue that pattern. 

Any suggestions on getting a level top on a plaster bat in this head, definitely welcome.

Given the cup runs true when mounted up to the shaft, making or adapting something to attach as a wheel head might be straightforward?
Just lookin' at it, I'm imagining a wheel head that bolts up to the holes in the cup...

I haven't tested for exactly how true it is, but it feels satisfyingly smooth.  I like this idea.  I was considering making something with marine ply if i really hate plaster bats... or just really don't want to have dozens of them to store...

but, making an aluminum or steel one and bolting it on... also a great idea!

They make devices for smoothing wallpaper that are strips of aluminum with plastic handles that come in 12" and 24" widths. (with a straight edge of course) I use them to "screed" plaster forms.  Run it on top of the set plaster, after 20 minutes, and you can get a very smooth surface.