First firing of my Olympic Electric Kiln Model: FL12E

So, the electrician just left and said my new electric kiln is all connected and has power.  I flip the power switch on the control box and everything comes to life and seems like it's good to go.  So just to make sure, I turn the 2 control knobs to high and open the door to see if the elements get hot, to be sure it's working properly.  Only the elements on the door glow red.  The other elements in the chamber aren't getting warm at all.  Is this normal?  Do the other 3 walls of elements in the chamber come on at a higher temperature?  Trying to figure this out before the electrician leaves in the next day or two.  Thanks in advance

I'm not finding much on how that kiln is set up...
Olympic's Electric Kilns manual includes a blurb on large kiln infinite switches:

"Infinite Switches – TURN ON WHEN FIRING Large capacity electric kilns which are equipped with floor and door elements have infinite switches which control the heat intensity of the elements in the floor; and the left and right side of the door."

You might give Olympic a call?