Neighbor's kiln exhaust close (9ft) to bedroom window, should I be worried?

Hi, first of all I have to put a disclaimer that I'm not into pottery myself, but I have a technical question about kilns, and I don't really know where else to ask.

I live on a compound with several buildings, and recently a pottery studio moved into the workshop next door (really nice people). They have a (butane) gas-fired kiln with a ventilation system.

The exhaust (or chimney) is about 9ft (3m) from my bedroom window. It's all open space, and a relatively windy place.

I like to open the window at night, especially during summer, and it seems they have the kiln on a timer, so it sometimes runs in the early moring.

I so far didn't smell or feel anything. Yet I wonder, should I be worried about the fumes? Should I ask them to move the chimney further away? Is there any recommendations about this?

Best,

N

6 hours ago, forest_chant said:

I so far didn't smell or feel anything. Yet I wonder, should I be worried about the fumes? Should I ask them to move the chimney further away? Is there any recommendations about this?

In the US minimum clear space is usually 10’ (3.048m) minimum. This will be dependent on local codes for your location. My thought: if they can relatively easily extend it farther regardless of the code, they may just want to do it voluntarily.