'LAG' AND CODES 121, 31 & 95

Help!!!  I tried to help our little elementary school with their paragon Kiln. (New elements, relays, thermocouple and a 3.0 Sentry controller (They sent the updrade, I didn't ask for it) So, everything back together, continuity check at each connection point and still, I get 'LAG' and alternating codes 121, 31 , and 95.  From everything that Ihave been able to read at this point, it seems as though the LAG could be due to one of the lead wires shorting out. I still don;t know what the 121, 31 and 95 referes to...these are just the alternating numbers that th teacher has sent back to me after she tried to do a bisque fire and it will not rise to temp.   Anything anyone can equip me with before I return to the school and try to figure out what is wrong despite all new components, would be very much appreciated!

Hi @Wtimmins

What upgrade are you referring to?

How many thermocouples does the kiln have? Make sure it's set for the correct number of thermocouples.

Does it take the program ok, and how long does it fire and how hot does it get before you get the LAG error code?

4 hours ago, Wtimmins said:

Anything anyone can equip me with before I return to the school and try to figure out what is wrong despite all new components, would be very much appreciated!

Just to add to Neil’s thoughts which are great - you can download the manual from the Paragon website. Browsing it for the lag error  indicates the kiln did not warm up at a minimum rate of 9 f degrees per hour and that error only occurs below 500 degrees. so it sounds like it was programmed to fire but never really began heating. You mentioned continuity, but did you test fire this?

Anyway the sentry 3.0 manual I read described the lag error on page 9 and also contained a wiring diagram for the controller near the end of the manual. You may want to print it to be sure the wiring matches. Setup programming may be necessary for this as Neil mentioned, how many thermocouples?  How many are programmed?

You are correct - one of the possibilities for a lag error is one of the thermocouple leads are shorted to the shell so yes that is a possibility.. Run the test fire, I think you will find out quickly. I did not see number error references but a call to Paragon probably gets a quick answer for those. Continuity is great but testfire to be sure.