Kiln switched itself off

I have a second-hand Held KLN40 kiln which I have used successfully twice for bisque firing, but today tried my first glaze firing and the kiln has unexpectedly turned itself off. I set it to 2 with the bung out for an hour, the 3 with the bung in for another hour and then turned it up to full. It seemed fine but shut itself off sometime during the last hour and has only been on fr 3 to 4 hours so would not be up to temperature (1020 degrees) and in any case was on soak so it shouldn’t have turned itself off. Do you have any idea why this might be? Should I leave to cool and then open to see if anything looks odd inside or should I try reactivating after a while? It won’t reactivate now.

Thank you for any advice,

Julie

@jcwilson Welcome to the forum! Can you please post a picture of the control system for the kiln? Is it digital? Is it manual- does it have a Kiln Sitter? We have a couple of members from your side of the pond, but the majority are in the US and aren't very familiar with the brands of kilns you have there. They all work about the same, though, so if we can see what we're dealing with that will help.

Thank you for answering. The kiln is very basic, no kiln sitter, just the controller shown in the attached phot. I changed the fuse which has fixed it, but I don't know why the fuse would have blown - maybe it was just old. I waited until it had cooled and had a look inside - everything looks ok, just half-fired! I have now turned it on again and will just watch to see if it happens again.

Julie

image.jpeg.8ad2a21b28f34015d73f713014335ded.jpeg