Kiln gets hot too fast

I have an old Duncan Teacher Plus kiln.  I thought because it’s old maybe it would take forever to get up to temp. I’ve fired it 4-5 times and it’s never taken longer than 5-6 hours. I have done 03-06 using witness cones and a cone sitter.  The witness cones are telling me it’s getting to the right temp, but too fast I think. The last one was an 05 sitter, on auto and the lowest heat setting, I left the lid open for an hour, the peepholes for the next 2 hours and it still finished in 4.5 hours.  Any ideas how to slow things down?  Thanks. 

Thanks.  Reading about bisque firings supposed to be 8-10 hours and glaze 6-8 made me concerned, plus I’ve gotten pinholes in glaze and some crazing. I read on that thread about someone doing a drop hold to heal pinholes…how would I do that?

22 hours ago, Lbauer12 said:

Thanks.  Reading about bisque firings supposed to be 8-10 hours and glaze 6-8 made me concerned, plus I’ve gotten pinholes in glaze and some crazing. I read on that thread about someone doing a drop hold to heal pinholes…how would I do that?

On a regular manual kiln the drop and hold is near impossible. On this kiln not possible at all. It's the realm of digital controllers.

I just turned back on and held the switch for a couple of minutes.  Seemed to help with pinholes. I ran it about as slow as I could, on low, starting at 10:00 on the infinite switch then 8:00 after a few hours then 7:00.  Took about 5.5 hours which is still pretty fast for cone 05 I think, turned out ok though.