Gare kiln 2541A

Katelyn

I have a second hand Gare kiln model 2541a. It seems the knobs have been replaced and there aren’t any markings on the kiln to show what they do. 
I’m struggling to have a successful test fire and reach temp of cone 6. 
does anyone know what the top two knobs do to help me figure this out? 
I don’t know how to post a photo, sorry 

That's a Fire Right controller, which controls how quickly the kiln ramps up. You can find a manual HERE. I have no clue how the Fire Right works in conjunction with the knobs, though. Maybe put them on high and let the Fire Right handle it from there? Does the switch under the white knob appear to be the same as the black knob switch? Have you opened up the control box to see how it's wired up?

Is there a serial plate on the kiln that shows voltage, watts, amps, etc? That size Gare kiln is typically a cone 8 kiln, so it may be that your elements are worn and due to be replaced.

Thank you. Yes I understand how to use the fireRight. But the lack of signage on the top two knobs had stumped me. 
after some searching I think have a bit more of an idea on how they work. 
that is very true though, about the elements. They probably do need to be replaced.. 

thank you for helping