Speedball artista foot pedal problem

Anna17

I purchased a speedball artista and foot pedal about 4 months ago, and it's been working great. Until today, when I went to start trimming pieces I threw earlier the same day, and all of a sudden the wheel is locked at full speed when I turn it on with the foot pedal plugged in. When I unplug the foot pedal, the wheel works as it should with the hand dial. But as soon as the pedal is connected again, it flies to full speed no matter what position the pedal is in. Has anyone ever had this issue?? It was so sudden, one hour I was using it as usual and the next it was doing this. I much prefer using the pedal rather than the hand dial so this is a big issue for me day to day. Any help would be appreciated! This is my first at home wheel I've purchased and I'm frustrated that there's already a problem with it!

seems like you likely have proven you have a defective pedal. Speedball used to carry a 100% 2 year warranty for parts and labor so I would call them. Definitely visually check the pedal operates mechanically freely and there is no clay or other debris hindering its operation first though.