Duncan kiln floor broken

The floor is shot, but the lid doesn't look like it's going to last much longer, either. The bad news is that new lid and floor slabs cost about $300 each, plus shipping by freight, so it may or may not be worth that for such an old kiln. Also, if the outer steel band that goes around the floor slab also goes around the bottom section of the kiln walls, it can be a real bear to change out the slab, and may require some sanding of the bricks to get a new slab to fit. Duncan no longer makes kilns so you'll have to get a slab from another kiln company and it may not fit perfectly. Also, the new slabs will be brick, not fiber, so they'll insulate differently and the peak temp rating of the kiln may be lower. Post a pic of the serial plate so we can see what the wattage of the kiln is.

Sorry about using the word clay instead of brick,  I guess my mind wasn't working this morning.   Paragon makes a sealer for kiln lids,  I don't think you will need it.   It sounds like you need to scrap this kiln.  Neil knows his stuff so I would listen to him,   I just bought a new  LL kiln  a few months ago from him,   he was a lot of help.   If you look around on Craigslist and estate sales you can find a pretty nice used  kiln.   I found a small one a few years ago that was old but had only been fired once,  I had to repair the kiln sitter.  Some how they broke it on the first firing.  it costs me $50 for the part,  I paid $250 for the kiln.   Do some research on kilns and find out what the specs are on the size and firing range of the kiln you will need for your work.    I have met people who  bought a low fire kiln when they need a high fire kiln.  Be prepared to rewire any kiln you buy,  if the kiln has shelves and stilts will save you money.   Denice