NABERTHERM Top190

willder1

Hi, im new here.

I’m looking at buying a used nabertherm top 190. It’s a German brand that doesn’t appear to be very common in socal. That said, it looks like it’s in great shape and large enough for my purposes.

my concern is that the seller says it’s single phase but when I look at the specs elsewhere it shows that this kiln is built to be 3 phase. I actually have access to 3 phase and would like to convert this kiln back to 3 but unsure if I’d need to change the elements, etc.

does anyone have experience with nabertherm kilns and if so, have any info on the ease or difficulty of converting it from single to 3 phase.

additionally does it make sense for me to purchase a kiln that isn’t commonly used in this part of the world? Maybe harder to get replacement parts etc?

this is my first time purchasing a kiln so just doing as much homework as I can to make sure I don’t get myself stuck.

thanks!

Whether or not the elements need to be changed depends entirely on how they designed the kiln. In most kilns of that size they use the same elements, but I would contact Nabertherm to be sure. I recently got a quote for a set of elements for a Nabertherm Top 220 and they wanted over $2000, so I would also see what a set of replacement elements costs before buying that kiln. For comparison, a typical element set for a similar size American made kiln would be about $375. Also get the element resistance numbers and number of elements from Nabertherm and then contact Euclids.com and see if they can make a set.