Do I refire bisc or move on to glaze ?

I  usually keep my kiln room door open every time I fire it. I did not do it  last night and because of this, my kiln gave me an error code ( too hot) therefor my bisc  fire was not completed. Per the kiln, the  error temp was at 1044 F, max temp was 1045F.   I had my bisc fire set at slow speed  with a 1.5 hrs hold at  preheat temp of 145F .   My wares are still in it and currently the kiln temperature is lowering now since I put my kiln back to idle mode.  But because it did not make it to full bisque temperature, should I re-fire it again  ( maybe this time I can use slow- med speed) , or should I unload my kiln and move onto glazing my pieces ? 

You didn’t even get to cone 022. Yes, I would rebisque after you sort out your ventilation issues. 

Although, just because I deal with Celsius numbers a lot more, that 1045 number is suspicious to me. 1045 C is close to a cone 04 bisque. Double check which scale your kiln is set to before you do anything. 

6 hours ago, Newbiehere said:

I  usually keep my kiln room door open every time I fire it. I did not do it  last night and because of this, my kiln gave me an error code ( too hot) therefor my bisc  fire was not completed. Per the kiln, the  error temp was at 1044 F, max temp was 1045F.   I had my bisc fire set at slow speed  with a 1.5 hrs hold at  preheat temp of 145F .   My wares are still in it and currently the kiln temperature is lowering now since I put my kiln back to idle mode.  But because it did not make it to full bisque temperature, should I re-fire it again  ( maybe this time I can use slow- med speed) , or should I unload my kiln and move onto glazing my pieces ? 

Thanks Callie,  I was firing to Cone 04.  And I went ahead and refired it again. I was worried if refiring was gonna hurt my pieces.   

Please, double check to see if your kiln is set to Celsius or Fahrenheit. You may not need to re-bisque at all. 

But if this message hits you too late, re-bisquing shouldn’t hurt anything. Depending on your clay, the extra heat work may or may not affect the porosity you’re used to, which can affect glaze application if you’re dipping, but I can’t see it being anything drastic. Pick one piece to test out and adjust your dipping times accordingly before you dunk the whole load.