L&L Kiln firing incredibly slow

MpotterNC

Hi Friends hope you’re all well!

I am in desperate need for some help in getting my kiln to work again.

I have a 2 yr old L&L Equadpro 240v phase 1 kiln that I just changed the elements for the first time since buying it brand new 2 yrs ago

I did a quick glaze test firing on friday and it worked great (4.5hrs) Last night I loaded the kiln evenly and after 6 hrs it had only reached 360F . I re-started it before going to bed at 2am and at 8am it was only at 448F.

I have checked the wiring, the relays, the power, the fuses and thermocouples and all seem fine.  I tried firing again and in 2 hrs it heated only about 80F 

Any and all help is so incredibly appreciated!  I am under a massive deadline and of course it had to do this to me now

Thank you all in advance!!

ypically when I see this problem it's because one of the sections is having a problem, usually due to a thermocouple or relay. One section is not firing properly, but the controller is still confident it's working well enough to keep trying for some reason. It could be a relay that's sticking. How many firings on those relays?  It could also be a loose thermocouple connection. Make sure all connections are tight, and that the tC wire hasn't broken under a screw on the TC block. What type of controller do you have? If you have a Genesis controller, you can go into the last firing data and see which section was lagging. If you have a Dynatrol, you'll have to check each thermocouple as it's firing. Also, if you have a Genesis, do a firmware update.