Old Amaco 15

GigiBH

I have an old amaco model 15 cone drive wheel. I replaced the belt and realigned the cone but I can’t get it to go up to speed in foreword or reverse. It seems like it’s trying but it’s just having a hard time. Do they have external capacitors? Any help would be appreciated

gigi

47 minutes ago, GigiBH said:

I have an old amaco model 15 cone drive wheel. I replaced the belt and realigned the cone but I can’t get it to go up to speed in foreword or reverse. It seems like it’s trying but it’s just having a hard time. Do they have external capacitors? Any help would be appreciated

gigi

Start with calling Amaco, but hopefully someone with experience with that model will chime in here.

• 6 months later...
On 10/31/2022 at 1:34 PM, GigiBH said:

I have contacted Amaco and the tech I spoke with could not help me. I did look up links on YouTube on other cone driven wheels. I wish I could get ahold of an old Manuel   

Any luck tracking down a manual? I inherited an old Model 15 Amaco but it’s missing all belts. I’m hoping to get it running again. 

Hi Darla,

Welcome to the Forum!

Gigi hasn't been on the Forum for quite some time; you might send them a message (go to their Profile page, select the Message button).

Isn't the Model 15 a cone drive?
Looks like The Ceramic Shop has some parts for the Model 15, including the drive ring
Wheel Parts : Brent - The Ceramic Shop

Aardvark Clay has "orange belt"
Aardvark Clays

Please post an update on your findings?