Glaze was still powdery after 18 hours

I am so happy to have found this forum.  I have been doing clay for quite a while, very on and off.   I have an old CRESS kiln with a cone setter.   The  last time I bisqued, it didn't look like it had "baked" long enough but a sculptor friend didn't agree.     I decide to go ahead and glaze.   I  glazed and put it in the kiln with a cone 6.  After 18 hours, the glaze was UNFAZED.  The cones were still intact but very easily broken.   Still powdery to the touch, but the pieces were lighter and looked as I remember them looking after the first firing.   Has anyone had this problem?   The kiln seems to be very hot...glowing red through the peep holes.  I appreciate all suggestions.....Linda

If the cone didn't bend then it didn't reach temperature.  If the glaze is still powdery then it didn't even get close. Sounds like something has gone wrong with the kiln, especially since it ran for 18 hours. With the kiln empty, turn it on high and let it run for 5-10 minutes, then carefully crack the lid and look inside and see if all the elements are glowing. I'm betting some of the elements won't be, which indicates a dead relay or switch.