How to vent a test kiln?

Does anyone have advice for venting a small test kiln? I have a Knight Kiln that is .8 cuft 

I can't find a kiln vent kit for a kiln that small. I do have a vent kit for my larger Paragon TNF 247 (3 cuft) but I think that will be too much for such a tiny kiln. This kiln is not in use right now and not sure when it will be. 

Thanks clay friends! 

If you're just firing test tiles and not anything toxic like lusters, then you may not need a vent depending on how large the room is, and as long as you have fresh air moving through the room. A fan blowing out an open window would probably do the trick. The other option would be to put a tee on the Paragon vent and run a duct over near the test kiln to pull out fumes. Get a tee with dampers so you can close off the big kiln side to get maximum draw.

I fire my test kiln near a window.    They make a short window fan that expands to the width of your window very inexpensive at a Walmart.   You can set the fan on low and exhaust the air out of your window,  you only need to run the fan when the kiln is fumy.    You can close the window after that phase is over.    Denice

Archived