Issue with smeared images on Decal prints. Help!?

I’m having issues with my HP Laserjet printing consistently clear images. It definitely seems to happen when there is larger areas of images. Almost like the rollers don’t have traction to spin and drag the toner across the transfer paper. Any ideas are much appreciated.

thx

Matt Rychorcewicz 

Can you post pix, preferably of both the original and the decal copy for comparison? Do the images print OK on ordinary laser paper?

It might be a fusing issue e.g. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235055324-successful-laser-printing-of-decals/

PS Almost like the rollers don’t have traction to spin and drag the toner across the transfer paper.
I realise that this was just a description, but if this was happening I would expect global distortion of the image (e.g. shortening).

Yes, please show us pictures of the problem.  I recently had some problems with my printer damaging the paper in certain areas, which messed up the decal images. I first thought it just needed some quality time with a few cleaning sheets. I turned out after a bit more investigation that there was damage to the fuser roller. The evidence was revealed in some specific characteristics of the faulty image. I could get a new fuser assembly for $130 and spend several hours taking the printer apart to install it, or buy a new, better printer for $140. Guess which I did.

Archived