Start button doesn't work on L&L

Roberta12

@Roberta12 Is this a new kiln or one she's been using? What type of controller?

If it's the Dynatrol controller, if you open the control panel and look on the back side of the controller, there's a ribbon connector at the bottom of the controller that connects the touch pad to the circuit board. Slide it out of the  connector on the circuit board, wipe it down with your fingers and reinsert it. sometimes they come loose or get dirty and prevent certain buttons from connecting with the circuit board.

If it's a Genesis controller, reinstall/update the firmware and try it again.

11 hours ago, neilestrick said:

@Roberta12 Is this a new kiln or one she's been using? What type of controller?

If it's the Dynatrol controller, if you open the control panel and look on the back side of the controller, there's a ribbon connector at the bottom of the controller that connects the touch pad to the circuit board. Slide it out of the  connector on the circuit board, wipe it down with your fingers and reinsert it. sometimes they come loose or get dirty and prevent certain buttons from connecting with the circuit board.

If it's a Genesis controller, reinstall/update the firmware and try it again.

newer kiln, Dynatrol.  54 firings.  after I posted this we both found the video on hotkiln's site about cleaning that ribbon.  I was wondering if vibration (aka earthquakes) would loosen it?  She is going to open the control panel this morning and follow the video's instruction for cleaning and reinserting.  I have to say, L&L does a pretty good job of walking the uninitiated through maintenance.  Thank you @neilestrick

Roberta

Archived