Detailed process how to make this kind of bowls

Hi, 

I am an absolute beginner I have never done pottery before. I can have access to a professional kiln and I would like to make this kind of pottery (see attached photo). 

Does someone know where I can find resources regarding this specific type of Oriental pottery (step by step fabrication process, list of materials needed, how to cook it, how long and at what temperature? how to decorate it...)? 

Can this type of pottery be made using a plaster mould? Or do I have to use a potter wheel? 

Thank you for the help! :) 

IMG_20200719_220526.png

I bought bowls like this in Instanbul last year at the market.  I think @liambesaw is right, slip trailing.  You can throw those or you can cast them.  Your temp would depend on the clay and the glaze.  You would make the bowl like any other bowl, thrown, pinched or slip cast.  Then glaze accordingly.  Colors of your choosing.  You could put the bright colors on with underglaze, then slip trail the raised design and then clear glaze overall.  You would have to be a person who likes that small detail work.  

Roberta

Archived