Wacky Wax Resist

I applied Wacky Wax Resist Blue to a bisqued piece of pottery (porcelain). I then brushed on the glaze and fired the piece. Half of the waxed area turned out beautifully, the other part just melted off. Not sure if I didn't apply thick enough or too thick. In any event, my question is, can I now reapply more of this coloured wax resist on the raw areas and re-fire? 

Hi Petals!

"Though it is applied in the way you would typically apply wax resist, when fired, Wacky Wax takes on the appearance of a glaze. Wacky Wax combines the rich colors and effects of glaze with the resist properties of wax. Now glazing and waxing techniques are combined in one bottle! ...For best results, pieces should be fired within 48 hours of application."

https://www.theceramicshop.com/store/category/14/226/wax-resist/Colored%2BWax/

Can you post some pics? Which clay(s), bisqued to what temp, glaze fired to what temp?

I wouldn't expect refire to come out, but it just might.

Any chance the was some finger oil or some other contaminant where the coloured resist moved? 

Thanks Hulk!

I am not sure how quickly it was fired after the wax and glaze was applied. I brought it to a studio to have it fired. But I know that it was a cone 6 , fired on tuckers 6-50 porcelain clay. No chance of any contamination, but I might have brushed it out after I squeezed it out of the bottle, just to level it out. Pic attached. 

C:\Users\plesa\Desktop\IMG_20200506_103641.jpg

Archived