Kiln malfunction- can I refire?

Hi everyone! 
I’m pretty new to kilns. I recently bought myself a Skutt KM- 822-3. I had a malfunction during my firing with my breaker switch. It didn’t even reach cone 5 and the kiln is now at 900. My kiln is outdoors in a covered shed. I peaked through a peephole and the glaze looks dry and flaky. I leave the top two unplugged and the three bottom ones plugged for the majority of the firing. My question is can I refire at the current temperature? I have no idea when the power shut off, last time I checked on it it was at 1100 degrees and that was around 4 pm (it’s 7 now).  
Do I need to let the kiln cool down completely before I refire? Does it matter? I really need these pieces done by tomorrow (Christmas Eve) and I’m already pushing my luck. 

Thank you for any help! 

Thank you for the replies! 

59 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

You don't have to let it cool down, bit it would be good to figure out why the breaker tripped. Either something in the kiln control box fried out and shorted it out, or the breaker overheated due to it or the wiring not being able to handle the amperage, or the breaker is bad.

Yes I know why it happened. The breaker can barely handle my kiln unfortunately. The electrician said that everything has to be off and we can’t run appliances in the house at the same time, and looks like we ran an appliance. Not ideal but it’ll do for now. 
I was previously a waitress and spent my savings on a kiln and wheel. I’ve been practicing for 5 years and I’m starting my pottery business out of my parents house for now. Eventually I’ll get a different breaker box or simply move my studio elsewhere.
Thank you for the advice! I’m sure I’ll have more questions soon!! 

7 hours ago, ARVpottery said:

Thank you for the replies! 

Yes I know why it happened. The breaker can barely handle my kiln unfortunately. The electrician said that everything has to be off and we can’t run appliances in the house at the same time, and looks like we ran an appliance. Not ideal but it’ll do for now. 
I was previously a waitress and spent my savings on a kiln and wheel. I’ve been practicing for 5 years and I’m starting my pottery business out of my parents house for now. Eventually I’ll get a different breaker box or simply move my studio elsewhere.
Thank you for the advice! I’m sure I’ll have more questions soon!! 

So it was the main that shut off, not the circuit for the kiln?

Archived