Magda Gluszek: 5 Day Figure Building Workshop | Reitz Ranch Arizona | April 13-17, 2020

Magda-2-Workshop-2.jpg?ssl=1

Magda Gluszek: 5 Day Figure Building Workshop

Register Online

April 13 – 17, 2019: 10:00am – 4:30pm
$495.00 Nonmembers (includes 5 meals) : Early Bird Price $455 (Until Feb. 8, 2020)
$445.00 Members (includes 5 meals) : Early Bird Price $405 (Until Feb. 8, 2020)
$396.00 Students (no meals included): Early Bird Price $355 (Until Feb. 8, 2020)

*Current Student ID must be presented at beginning of workshop. Student must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours for discount. All students are requested to volunteer 2 hours before or after the workshop for the Reitz Ranch. Questions please email: admin@reitzranch.org

The human figure has endless potential for narrative and emotional expression. Bodies are complex structures, but we will approach them with a simple building technique that anyone can master. During this workshop students will produce one full-figure sculpture with a solid building technique, which they will learn to hollow and re-assemble. Basic proportions and anatomy will be demonstrated, as will the use of a simple armature. 

Magda will demonstrate a solid construction technique in clay, which will allow for the greatest flexibility to change our poses as we build.  Magda will also demonstrate hollowing the figures out, so that you can complete the hollowing process on your own.

Small maquette studies will be created and used for inspiration. Scale of sculptures will be limited to 24” in one direction to provide enough time for detailing. Bring visual inspiration to class in the form of images/sketches. All skill levels are welcome.

Workshop includes:

5 lunches provided

50 lbs of clay

Register Online

About the Ranch

Reitz Ranch is comprised of 14 acres on the beautiful Verde River in Clarkdale, Az.  Nestled between Cottonwood, Jerome, Clarkdale, and Sedona, the ranch offers easy access from any spot here in the heart of Arizona wine country.  With a remote feel, the ranch is still within a 20 minute drive of stores, restaurants, and nightspots.

Built on the bones of a working ranch, the rich heritage of the ranch is apparent everywhere you look.  A bunkhouse built over 100 years ago out of river rock, well pump handles, and literally hundreds of Don’s “porch pots” add to the experience. Whether you’re a beginning potter, advanced hobbyist, or working professional, then ranch can meet your needs.   A well-equipped open studio, a wood fired kiln selection, and most importantly, a helpful community of wonderful people with the same interests will make you feel right at home.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish it was online!! That sounds like such an amazing Workshop! The figures look so beautiful, it’s incredible! I would love to be able to learn how to make figures just like that. The detail in the hair is astonishing. I’m not good at drawing such detailed hair and I would love to learn how to emulate what’s in the photo workshop! The figures look so beautiful, it’s incredible! I would love to be able to learn how to make figures just like that. The detail in the hair is astonishing. I’m not good at drawing such detailed hair and I would love to learn how to emulate what’s in the photo : )

Archived