Firing spreadsheet

I have several  sheets that display the data graphically  as well  We could probably modify slightly fairly easily.

The nice thing about each sheet is as you enter data the graph is created automatically.

what variables do you want to record and what do you want to graph?

Hi  Bill,

Your spreadsheets are amazing!   I am soda firing, and our readings are not automatic, so the time intervals vary.  I was thinking about doing a column that calculated the time elapsed.  We may not be able to color code the reduction either due to lack of oxyprobe? 

However, I would love to compare firings from one person to another in our shared studio.

I'll gladly take any hints you might offer.  Here is a sample firing log.

Suzana

rP0D0_cimLIGE0uvcZnsqDtfuTD-JX-37qg39LC2VXebTG2yLkvMCosNwa4kBeSwJPxW-Y0bTQSnWAUA

On 11/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, Suzana Lisanti said:

Hi  Bill,

Your spreadsheets are amazing!   I am soda firing, and our readings are not automatic, so the time intervals vary.  I was thinking about doing a column that calculated the time elapsed.  We may not be able to color code the reduction either due to lack of oxyprobe? 

However, I would love to compare firings from one person to another in our shared studio.

Suzana

Thank you,
The  logs you posted are blank, message me, I’ll give you an email and I am guessing I can take one of your logs and make one of these sheets  fit your needs pretty easily.  They already calculate per hour etc....

What is not visible is these sheets actually contain ten tabs in the workbook so generally folks just move to the next firing and we have a record of each in a tab within the workbook. You are welcome to them and I should be able to rearrange these pretty easily to cover your needs so no worries. I also have a soda worksheet.

My only request for any of my authored stuff is: we request you share within the greater community when able. Modify this as you need, make it your own.

it is interesting to see what folks do with these to improve them, BTW.

Mutitab spreadsheet below and someone even added pictures!

12 hours ago, Bill Kielb said:

Thank you,
The  logs you posted are blank, message me, I’ll give you an email and I am guessing I can take one of your logs and make one of these sheets  fit your needs pretty easily.  They already calculate per hour etc....

What is not visible is these sheets actually contain ten tabs in the workbook so generally folks just move to the next firing and we have a record of each in a tab within the workbook. You are welcome to them and I should be able to rearrange these pretty easily to cover your needs so no worries. I also have a soda worksheet.

My only request for any of my authored stuff is: we request you share within the greater community when able. Modify this as you need, make it your own.

it is interesting to see what folks do with these to improve them, BTW.

Mutitab spreadsheet below and someone even added pictures!

DA42FFA5-61A5-4DC3-BF38-11A4537AC1FE.png

Hi Bill Kielb,

Thanks for posting the graphics !

What program do you use ?  I would like to acquire it too.  Would be of great help .

On 11/30/2019 at 9:20 AM, Leila said:

Hi Bill Kielb,

Thanks for posting the graphics !

What program do you use ?  I would like to acquire it too.  Would be of great help .

We created a custom monitor for folks to use, research, share , teach and advance the ceramic arts. We have not sold any and likely never will. When someone has a  committed interest we just help them build their own. It’s particularly useful in a studio or educational environment and has many teaching aids built in such as IPhone / Android intranet capability, wide screen or projection capability for class sessions etc... 

I am a former adjunct teacher and ceramic constructionist type artist with a heavy dose of a variety of engineering experience in industry. Using industry standard control stuff I was able to creat this for about $1000.00 dollars thus far which brings lots of folks public and private in to have this capability.

At this point it is software I have written so you can’t buy it, but you can make your own with a little help from us.  The idea is to Make this capability available to those who really want to advance their learning, art and hopefully share the knowledge 

Its actually pretty simple stuff and has been in industry for decades and as a result has way more capability than most ceramic artists and schools need and is relatively inexpensive as a result. Some pics of the latest that has been  created for a couple trying to start their own school.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, Suzana Lisanti said:

Hi  Bill,

Suzana

Here is a rendition of your sheet (Likely Done). I have added firing rate to it because I find it to be a subject may potters do not have a good grasp on plus no easy way to figure it out while you are firing, and I noticed your firing took twelve hours 

The elapsed time, Rate per hour are calculated and protected cells, they will fill in automatically when the time and firing temperatures are entered as well as all the graphs will fill in at that time.. I posted it here so folks can have closure and if someone wants it, they can now get it from you.  There are ten tabs, your original data and nine blanks ready for new firings. Normally we would rename the tab automatically with the date field using visual basic, but most folks don't like enabling macros in their sheets so no attempt has been made here to do that. This is a plain Jane (or Joe) rendition.

will email you the particulars tomorrow. Several screenshots of how it looks below including a firing graph closeup and what a blank sheet starts out as.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 7:37 PM, Bill Kielb said:

We created a custom monitor for folks to use, research, share , teach and advance the ceramic arts. We have not sold any and likely never will.

Hi,

Thanks to you for  the amazing work, it surpasses my imagination.

Would it work on a Mac laptop?

Something is happening with my mail, especially when I travel, I saw your emails, and then they disappeared , that is what I did not answer. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:19 AM, Leila said:

Hi,

Thanks to you for  the amazing work, it surpasses my imagination.

Would it work on a Mac laptop?

Something is happening with my mail, especially when I travel, I saw your emails, and then they disappeared , that is what I did not answer. 

Thanks,

I have a numbers equivalent that runs on my IPAD (see below) that you are welcome to. Message me above and I will email it.

The versions we have made or are making:

• Excel
  • Open Office
  • Numbers  (IOS)
  • Google sheets (not yet done)

Archived