Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have several  sheets that display the data graphically  as well  We could probably modify slightly fairly easily.

The nice thing about each sheet is as you enter data the graph is created automatically.
 

what variables do you want to record and what do you want to graph?

 

 

F0B9E1CC-ACA4-4896-894C-5C5693C3F782.jpeg

1657FF79-85CE-40C6-B6BA-21CAF041E0C7.jpeg

0A84B180-DD56-40C8-A1AC-8058B7BA07FA.jpeg

Edited by Bill Kielb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  Bill,

Your spreadsheets are amazing!   I am soda firing, and our readings are not automatic, so the time intervals vary.  I was thinking about doing a column that calculated the time elapsed.  We may not be able to color code the reduction either due to lack of oxyprobe? 

However, I would love to compare firings from one person to another in our shared studio.

I'll gladly take any hints you might offer.  Here is a sample firing log.

Suzana

rP0D0_cimLIGE0uvcZnsqDtfuTD-JX-37qg39LC2VXebTG2yLkvMCosNwa4kBeSwJPxW-Y0bTQSnWAUA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suzana Lisanti said:

Hi  Bill,

Your spreadsheets are amazing!   I am soda firing, and our readings are not automatic, so the time intervals vary.  I was thinking about doing a column that calculated the time elapsed.  We may not be able to color code the reduction either due to lack of oxyprobe? 

However, I would love to compare firings from one person to another in our shared studio.

I'll gladly take any hints you might offer.  Here is a sample firing log.

Suzana

 

Thank you,
The  logs you posted are blank, message me, I’ll give you an email and I am guessing I can take one of your logs and make one of these sheets  fit your needs pretty easily.  They already calculate per hour etc....

What is not visible is these sheets actually contain ten tabs in the workbook so generally folks just move to the next firing and we have a record of each in a tab within the workbook. You are welcome to them and I should be able to rearrange these pretty easily to cover your needs so no worries. I also have a soda worksheet.

My only request for any of my authored stuff is: we request you share within the greater community when able. Modify this as you need, make it your own.

it is interesting to see what folks do with these to improve them, BTW.

Mutitab spreadsheet below and someone even added pictures!

DA42FFA5-61A5-4DC3-BF38-11A4537AC1FE.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bill Kielb said:

Thank you,
The  logs you posted are blank, message me, I’ll give you an email and I am guessing I can take one of your logs and make one of these sheets  fit your needs pretty easily.  They already calculate per hour etc....

What is not visible is these sheets actually contain ten tabs in the workbook so generally folks just move to the next firing and we have a record of each in a tab within the workbook. You are welcome to them and I should be able to rearrange these pretty easily to cover your needs so no worries. I also have a soda worksheet.

My only request for any of my authored stuff is: we request you share within the greater community when able. Modify this as you need, make it your own.

it is interesting to see what folks do with these to improve them, BTW.

Mutitab spreadsheet below and someone even added pictures!

DA42FFA5-61A5-4DC3-BF38-11A4537AC1FE.png

Hi Bill Kielb,

Thanks for posting the graphics !

What program do you use ?  I would like to acquire it too.  Would be of great help .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leila said:

Hi Bill Kielb,

Thanks for posting the graphics !

What program do you use ?  I would like to acquire it too.  Would be of great help .

We created a custom monitor for folks to use, research, share , teach and advance the ceramic arts. We have not sold any and likely never will. When someone has a  committed interest we just help them build their own. It’s particularly useful in a studio or educational environment and has many teaching aids built in such as IPhone / Android intranet capability, wide screen or projection capability for class sessions etc... 

I am a former adjunct teacher and ceramic constructionist type artist with a heavy dose of a variety of engineering experience in industry. Using industry standard control stuff I was able to creat this for about $1000.00 dollars thus far which brings lots of folks public and private in to have this capability.

At this point it is software I have written so you can’t buy it, but you can make your own with a little help from us.  The idea is to Make this capability available to those who really want to advance their learning, art and hopefully share the knowledge 

Its actually pretty simple stuff and has been in industry for decades and as a result has way more capability than most ceramic artists and schools need and is relatively inexpensive as a result. Some pics of the latest that has been  created for a couple trying to start their own school.

BE9C37F2-FED4-47B6-BDD3-C98AE0ABAE30.png

50F13363-EA7A-4806-B63E-898538D17D7C.png

0E90D34A-9C25-4B71-BE67-F80822DAD80E.jpeg

8C0ABF9F-587E-4BB4-A3DF-83FD99E5A3AC.jpeg

Edited by Bill Kielb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, Suzana Lisanti said:

Hi  Bill,

Your spreadsheets are amazing!   I am soda firing, and our readings are not automatic, so the time intervals vary.  I was thinking about doing a column that calculated the time elapsed.  We may not be able to color code the reduction either due to lack of oxyprobe? 

However, I would love to compare firings from one person to another in our shared studio.

I'll gladly take any hints you might offer.  Here is a sample firing log.

Suzana

 

Here is a rendition of your sheet (Likely Done). I have added firing rate to it because I find it to be a subject may potters do not have a good grasp on plus no easy way to figure it out while you are firing, and I noticed your firing took twelve hours 

The elapsed time, Rate per hour are calculated and protected cells, they will fill in automatically when the time and firing temperatures are entered as well as all the graphs will fill in at that time.. I posted it here so folks can have closure and if someone wants it, they can now get it from you.  There are ten tabs, your original data and nine blanks ready for new firings. Normally we would rename the tab automatically with the date field using visual basic, but most folks don't like enabling macros in their sheets so no attempt has been made here to do that. This is a plain Jane (or Joe) rendition.

will email you the particulars tomorrow. Several screenshots of how it looks below including a firing graph closeup and what a blank sheet starts out as.

2019-11-30.jpg.3e06d67f41f13f770f9c8c70b3602afc.jpg

1717681522_2019-11-30(4).jpg.cdabf81d3c23a0c7c7a5d43d9163cd32.jpg

 

335985447_2019-11-30(2).jpg.e1ebae69917d547669cc34ce9ac7e74d.jpg1606401006_2019-11-30(6).jpg.4da1cd29e82444b6de7a2ceb98fcb0cd.jpg

Edited by Bill Kielb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.