Slow Bisque and cooling

LeeU

I have an L&L 23 S Easy Fire and programmed a Slow Bisque at 05. I did not add a Slow Cool and no pre-heat. Due to certain circumstances, the load was barely 2 full shelves (4 half shelves) worth, loaded light  and spread around. I used  used some brick to fill the kiln  up a bit to the equivalent of 5 half shelves. I broke a i

1/2 shelf so there was a bit of a "hole" in the kiln where the last shelf would have been.  I started firing at 11 PM Weds 7/24. It reached about 1900+ over 12 hours. It is now 10:30 am Friday and it has just gotten under 200.  I don't normally bisque. To me this seems very long on the cooling end. Would that be becasue it is a very light load or is a "slow cool" factor built into the EZ fire Slow Bisque progam?   The cones are perfect and the bisqued ware looks great.   Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

Bisques are long, that's for sure, I also slow bisque to 05 and my cycle is around 10 hours without the preheat stage.  Then it takes about a full day to get to 200f, if I don't open the kiln at 200 it takes another full day to go from 200 to room temperature.  I have 3 inch brick on my kiln.  I always crack the lid and prop it between 200 and 300.

Archived