Photo in Ceramics Monthly Jan 2000 resulted in sale

We're trying to go through 50+ years of 'stuff' and, as I was going through books and magazines I ran across two copies of Ceramics Monthly from January 2000.  That was a LOT of years ago!  But, they look as good as the day they were delivered.  There is a reason why these copies will not be discarded.  The most important is that they contain an image of my daughter's sculptural ceramic work called "Confluence" and the second was that I had taken the image used in the article using a digital camera.   And, that was a time when photographers were loudly claiming that digital photography would NEVER be accepted for juried shows.  It reminds me that "Never" is usually NOT an accurate statement. 

There is one more thing that should be noted about that article that might be important for today's ceramic artists.  Based on the image in the "Up Front' section, a collector from New England contacted her and purchased a different piece, sight unseen.  The item in the magazine was priced at $400.  But, if I remember correctly, he paid around $1600 for the item he ended up selecting.   Obviously, it can pay to have your work mentioned in Ceramics Monthly.  :)

Archived