Which wheel for the rookie?

Hawkbit

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Really, I don't get that impression at all. My read here is that many here, if not most, have used numerous wheels over the years and they explained why they ended up where they are. I think you're right that most of these wheels are built well and will last a long time if taken care of. It's all in the details described that sets them apart from each other.  I'd give it another read. 

Good luck and hope you like what you end up choosing.  

To reiterate, Stephen, I said that was my take on potters I had spoken to in person, not who had responded on this string. My research takes in much more than just this forum... I am speaking with local potters and seeing how their studios are equipped and laid out; just trying to obtain as much opinion as I can on a subject that I am not as familiar with as I will be in the future.  

I don’t think I can go wrong with the choices I’ve narrowed it down to.

Got the TS / Skutt Steven Hill model. With the SSX Controller and the leg extensions as standard, I think it’s the best fit for what I anticipate my needs to be. I think I will want to do larger pots eventually, but the ones I’m envisioning are ones that can easily be thrown on a wheel powered by a half HP motor. 

Again, my thanks for all the input I received on this post. Your advice really guided me in my research and eventually my decision. 

Archived