do I need to re bisque this load?

I got an error code, E1, on my last bisque in my Skutt 1027.  The cones, 04, are slightly bent, maybe 10*,  The cone at the thermocouple shelf is absolutely straight, unchanged. and I aim for a solid 04.   We have run a continuity test on the elements and the top and bottom are at 15.6 and the middle is at 17.9.  the Skutt book says they should be at 13.6 and 16.3 +-1 and a 1/2.   The thermocouple looks fine, the relays were replaced about 30 firings ago, I glaze to ^6.

Would you refire the bisque when we finish whatever repairs I need to do?  I used to bisque to 06 but changed when I was having pits and zits and they stopped.  Most of the time my glazes are really nice with what I've been doing, no changes to temp for several years now.  OF COURSE, I am pressed for time, sale soon, need 3 glaze loads run in the next 10 days.  I will be talking to the Skutt fellow at HIghwater Clay Monday morning and he can ship whatever, but it will be Wed before I will get parts .  Can I run a faster bisque to get to temp?  How fast?  I need 1925 and I got around 1800, it had shut off and done some cooling when I checked it, so don't know what peak temp it made, but those un bent  04 cones???

Archived